Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

It's Been Awhile

I know that it has been awhile since Aurora or I have written anything here.  I just wanted to check in with all of our awesome followers and let you know that Aurora is doing alright.  This new health concern has been tough on her, but her spirits are getting better.  She is getting some fight in her and developing a much better attitude towards the fight we have ahead of us. 

Because of the nasty side effects of the proposed drugs used in treatment for this disease and the fact that her case is fairly mild, we are waiting a little bit before proceeding with the conventional treatment.  I have noticed that stress is a major trigger for worsening symptoms, so my goal right now is to have Aurora avoid as much stress as possible and we are also working on techniques to deal with stress efficiently when it does arise.  In addition to that, I am changing her diet drastically and we have found some more natural "remedies" to try.  I'm not a huge believer in natural or herbal remedies, but after taking some time to think about it, it became obvious that it is worth a try.  At worst, she will be healthier when she has to take those nasty drugs.  At best, she never has to take them. 

I know one thing that bothers her right now is that this disease has taken a real toll on sex.  She misses it.  I miss it.  However, I am in major "Daddy mode" right now.  I want to do everything I can to make her better.  And having been through health issues with her before, I know I'll get my satisfaction eventually.  When Aurora is sick, my satisfaction comes when she is all better and I can look back at our journey with pride knowing that we successfully battled through it.  That alone brings us so much closer together.  That is true satisfaction!

Again, thank you all for keeping Aurora in your thoughts!


13 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this update Phillip, I have been thinking about Aurora and wondering how she is doing.

    I'm so glad to hear she is doing ok. Continuing to send you both positive thoughts and prayers. I hope the diet and natural remedies help.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the positive thoughts! We will press on!

      Delete
  2. You are both close to my thoughts! LOVE is amazing...you both have amazing amounts of it for each other! Thank you so much for taking the time to update us and please send Aurora some hugs from blogland =) XOXO Pearl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will send Aurora your love. Thanks so much for the support!

      Delete
  3. I knew You would take things well in hand Phillip! All I can say, is fight the fight. I am glad that Aurora is getting her fighting spirit back. The trick is to convince yourself that "I have this disease .. it doesn't have me!" ... but she knows that already ;)

    I am glad you are holding off on the drugs & doing the research. Wait for the expert to decide and not somebody who has never dealt with this before.

    You are one smart Cookie Phillip! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GK. You have been a great support for Aurora and I appreciate it! I don't know about being a smart cookie. I have been called smart before, but it's usually as part of "smart ass". Thanks for the compliment however!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the update, Phillip. You are both so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll also say thank you for thinking of us, as we think of you often. I have no doubt that Aurora's spirits will climb and you will once again look back and be proud of how you handled yourselves. Times like the ones you have been through can either divide us or make us stronger. I think it is pretty obvious what it does to the two of you!

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks willie! Yes, I do believe that we always come out stronger after a struggle. May that trend continue!

      Delete
  6. You are such a great husband Phillip. Thank you for taking such great care of Aurora. The love you two have for one another is amazing and inspiring. Aurora will be in my thoughts and prayers. I want happiness and good health for her. *hugs*

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts Rose!

      Delete
  7. Sending many hugs to all.

    <3,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete